Badge Usage Terms
eBay developers must follow the Badge Usage Terms below. Failure to comply with these guidelines shall constitute a breach of the eBay API License Agreement.
- There are three different Loyalty Program Badges corresponding to tier: Gold is the highest level, Silver is the level below and Bronze is the lowest level.
- Each badge has a corresponding year in which it was issued. A developer awarded a badge shall receive the benefits for the year for 365 days from the date of issue.
- Badges from prior years may be shown in pursuance with these Badge Usage Terms.
- Only selected developers can display the eBay Loyalty Program Badges.
- There is one eBay Loyalty Program Badges format: that can be used on online properties and that can be used on certain printed marketing materials.
- The badges cannot be used in a way that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest editorial content has been authored by or represents the views or opinions of eBay or eBay personnel.
- You may only display the Loyalty Program Badges on your company website, additional websites listed on your company details page or marketing materials. You cannot imitate the badges in any manner on your company website or the additional websites.
- You cannot show the Loyalty Program Badge on any website that violates any law or regulation, or otherwise violates any eBay policies.
- You cannot show the Loyalty Program Badges on any materials, such websites that contain or display the following:
- Sexual content
- Promoting gambling
- Involves the sales of tobacco or alcohol to persons under 21 years of age,or
- Is morally offensive or otherwise objectionable in light of eBay's reputation for providing a safe online environment for trading.
- You can use the Loyalty Program Badge in your marketing materials to indicate that you have earned the distinction of qualifying as an eBay Gold, Silver or Bronze Solution Provider, depending on your tier status.
- The Loyalty Program Badge may be resized to fit on your marketing materials, as long as the aspect ratio is maintained and colors of the badges are not changed.
- You cannot remove, distort, or alter the Loyalty Program Badge.
- You can not translate the badges or localize it into another language.
- You can not display the Loyalty Program Badge as the most prominent element in your marketing materials, including your website, or if the badge appears larger or more prominent than your company name or logo.
- You cannot incorporate the Loyalty Program Badge or elements of the badges into your company logos or app/product icons.
- You cannot put the Loyalty Program Badges on any products or promotional items.
- You cannot display the Loyalty Program Badges in a manner that is in eBay's sole opinion misleading, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene, or otherwise objectionable to eBay.
- You cannot display the Loyalty Program Badges on invoices or any similar business documents.
eBay may immediately terminate Your license to use the Loyalty Program Badges upon thirty (30) day notice to You at which time You will immediately cease any and all use of the Loyalty Program Badges.
Prior Submission of Samples
eBay reserves the right to require you to submit samples of any and all materials bearing the eBay Loyalty Program Badges to eBay for review and approval prior to the distribution of such materials. Unless otherwise provided for in your written agreement with eBay, eBay shall have the right to make reasonable objections to any such sample within fifteen (15) days of its receipt thereof on the grounds that eBay believes in good faith that the use and/or distribution of such materials by you will be damaging to the recognition value or reputation for quality associated with the eBay Loyalty Program Badges, or the materials do not meet the requirements of this Policy or your written agreement with eBay. In the event of such an objection, you shall modify the materials in accordance with the objection of eBay prior to the distribution of the materials.
Unless otherwise provided for in your written agreement with eBay, should eBay notify you that any of your uses of any eBay Loyalty Program Badge do not meet the requirements set forth in this Policy or your written agreement with eBay, you must correct all misuses of such eBay Loyalty Program Badges immediately. If the misuse of the eBay Loyalty Program Badge is not corrected immediately, your license to use the eBay Loyalty Program Badge shall terminate. In the event of termination of this Agreement for any reason, you agree to discontinue immediately all use of any eBay Loyalty Program Badge and to promptly destroy or return to the place designated by eBay all materials that bear the eBay Loyalty Program Badge.
Other Terms and Conditions
In the event of any breach of the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy or your written agreement with eBay, you agree that eBay shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief in addition to other available remedies.