Find the answer to your question
How can I get the buyer's phone number?
Retrieving a buyer's phone number.
The buyer's phone number is returned by the API under the following conditions:
- Transaction calls - GetItemTransactions / GetSellerTransactions / GetOrders / GetOrderTransactions, if the buyer had entered the phone number in the shipping address during checkout
- GetUser - with DetailLevel of ReturnAll if the buyer is registered in DE/AT/CH
If the neither of these conditions are met and you still need to get the buyer's phone number, then you can request for it via the site:
Another work around would be to require all buyers to enter their phone number when completing checkout. You can do this by setting a flag using the SetUserPreferences API call, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/SetUserPreferences.html#Request.RequiredShipPhoneNumberPreference.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- GetItemTransactions, GetOrders, GetOrderTransactions & GetItem returns "Invalid Request" for Buyer Email
- What are the timing issues associated with obtaining and using tokens?
- Is it possible to verify an eBay UserID or Feedback score by a given email address
- Block buyers from certain countries
- Items do not show up in search