Find the answer to your question
If I change the quantity of a fixed price item, using calls such as ReviseInventoryStatus, ReviseFixedPriceItem, etc. it does not get set to what I sent. For instance, if I set the Quantity to 5 and make a GetItem call, I see the quantity is 7. However, if I go to the view item page for the item, it shows the available quantity correctly as 5. Why am I seeing this discrepancy with the APIs?
If an item has a sale, then the quantity sold is added to the quantity that is sent in the revise calls. This is done, because there is no explicit field in the API calls to indicate the quantity available. To derive the quantity available, you need to subtract the quantity sold from the Item.Quantity or Variation.Quantity.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Relisting an item lists it with the original quantity, rather than what is remaining at the time the item ended
- Revising the item quantity does not have the correct additional shipping service cost
- ReviseInventoryStatus questions
- Determine live quantity of stock on eBay
- Single quantity item and AdditionalShippingServiceCost