Find the answer to your question
Published: March 08 2005, 11:28:00 AMUpdated: July 20 2022, 3:14:39 AM
The Documentation for GetItemCall states that by default descriptions are not returned. Defaulting the DetailLevel does in fact return the Description. How do I prevent the Description from being returned?
The default DetailLevel for all ApiCalls is DetailLevel.ReturnAll. GetItemCall does not modify this.
Setting the detail level to null will ensure that minimal Item information is returned by the call:
GetItemCall getItemCall = new GetItemCall(apiContext);
ItemType item = getItemCall.getItem(itemID);
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- How can I retrieve shipping rate information for flat and calculated shipping via the Java SDK?
- .NET SDK sample in C# to set DetailLevel and GranularityLevel
- Retrieve an item's Parts Compatiblity information with GetItem API in Java SDK
- ItemType.getWatchCount() returns null
- GetItem sample using .NET SDK C#