Find the answer to your question
What does " Error 931 - Auth Token is Invalid" mean?
Error 931 indicates that the Authentication Token used in your XML or SOAP call was not recognized by the eBay Web Services authentication framework as a valid token. There could be several root causes that trigger a 931 error:
- Please make sure you using the token against the correct environment. For example: sandbox user token has to be used against Sandbox environment. Sandbox token will NOT work if used for Production environment.
- The token string you have entered is invalid. Check to make sure you have included the full token string, that you received via your Authentication and Authorization process.
- Verify the characters in your token are valid. If your token contains any other characters than those listed below, it may have been corrupted:
- a to z, A to Z, 0 to 9
- Asterisk, Slash, Plus ( * / +)
- If you are obtaining tokens via the Redirect method, make sure you are correctly url-decoding your token.
- In very infrequent cases, an operational issue within eBay could cause a valid token to be rejected with error 931 as invalid. In this scenario, please retry your request.