This guide describes the migration from the deprecated GetCategorySpecifics Trading API call to the RESTful Taxonomy API methods.
Note: There will be no future functionality enhancements for the GetCategorySpecifics call.
Users who currently integrate with the Trading API call will gain the following primary benefits from this migration:
- The expectedRequiredByDate field returned in the getItemAspectsForCategory Taxonomy API method, which indicates the expected date after which an aspect will be required
- The Taxonomy SDK, which is designed specifically for use with the fetchItemAspects Taxonomy API method response and provides users with a simple and structured way to compare changes in aspect metadata
The content within this guide will help you to:
- Understand available alternatives to legacy call data
- Determine usage and needs
- Develop a business plan for migration